Friday 25 May 2018

Birth of #sus_microseries


One evening, after returning from office, I was searching for some stock notepads to write down my routine and schedules. Suddenly, I discovered one small notepad (around 10cm X 10cm). Initially, I decided to draw my rough art ideas in it, but then I thought let’s experiment further and push my limits of microart. I chose to design scenarios, culture and heritage of Odisha through the microart and justify the state’s beauty by displaying it on social media. I scrolled through my gallery for a better photo for my 1st experiment drawing. Because I also love photography, I found many tour, nature, temple photos in mobile. The most appealing photo was a train line scene of Jagatsinghpur, which I clicked during my official visit in February. So, I quickly started sketching out that photo on my minipad. I doodled a rough drawing without any intricate design details unlike my previous art collections (check out my Instagram and Facebook page), so it took me around 1 and half hours to complete the whole scene. When I decided to post it on my art page (Susritart) in social media platform, I pondered over the suitable title and description for it. From there, I got an idea of making this a series which would be daily basis drawing, exploring Odisha. After thinking for a while, I named the series as ‘#sus_microseries’. I started this dailyseries on 2nd May, 2018 and as of today, I’ve sketched 19 drawings.
Talking about its making, I return from office every day, have my dinner, select a suitable topic of Odisha for the series and start sketching it out. I try not to put too many details, as it would unnecessarily take a lot of time and I would not get enough time for my Big Series project (check my Konark art on Susritart). So, after the brief illustration, I share it with my friends and followers in the social media.
Why I chose Odisha only❓This is my first series, so I wanted to start with my motherland and wanted to share beautiful Odisha diaries to the whole world. Many people in the world are still unaware of the deep rich culture and heritage that undiscovered in this state.
In future, I’m planning to explore other states of India also and a separate series for it.😃

2 comments: